The Southwest Symphony, LietoVoices! and Featured Soloists will be presenting Rob Gardner’s “Lamb of God” on Friday, April 10, 2020 and Saturday, April 11, 2020 in the Cox Auditorium at 7:30pm.
Follow these steps to audition for a soloist or narrator:
Step 1: Submit a Lamb of God soloist application online at swsutah.org.
Step 2: 1st Round preliminary auditions for soloists and narrators will be done via video submission. Please email your video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2020. You must perform the music selection included on the symphony website. For example, if you are auditioning for Peter, you will sing, “This is He.”
Step 3: 2nd Round live auditions will be held by invitation on Thursday, January 16, 2020 from 6-9pm in the Pine View High School Choir Room. Soloists will perform a selection from the production and an accompanist will be provided. You will be notified and assigned an audition time in advance. Please note available roles and music selections.
Step 4: Final casting will be announced via email and on swsutah.org.
Please review this important information:
- The audition is open to experienced, classically trained singers.
- Soloists and narrators will be provided with a stipend.
- Soloists and narrators are required to attend designated rehearsals beginning in February 2020. Rehearsals will be held Tuesday and/or Wednesday evenings. Mandatory dress rehearsals are April 7-9, 2020.
- Formal concert dress is required for soloists and narrators. (Full length, Black long-sleeved formal dresses for women, black concert tuxedo, vest, black tie with white shirt for men.)
- All music will be performed memorized at the dress rehearsals and performances.
- 2 Complimentary tickets will be given to each soloist/narrator.
Please see the attached audition music.
**To listen to the music and get more details on the production please visit:
|Role||Range||Music selection for audition|
|Peter||Tenor||This is He (Measures 79-97) p.13-15|
|John||Tenor||The Last Supper (Measures 13-60) p.53-59|
|Pilate/Judas||High Baritone||Judas’ Deal (Measures 6-25) p.38-40|
|Pharisee||Baritone/Tenor||This is He (Measures 16-43) p. 6-10|
|Accuser||Tenor||This is He (Measures 16-43) p. 6-10|
|False Witness||Tenor||Gethsemane (Measures 104-116) p72-73|
|Narrator (man)||Any||Narration Part III Page iv-v|
|Narrator (woman)||Any||Narration Part III Page iv-v|
|Gloria (Measures 88-119) p108-110|
|Martha||Soprano||Make Me Whole (Measures 86-143) p22-26|
|Mary of Bethany||Alto||I Am the Resurrection (Measures 20-26) p28-29|
|Mary (the mother)||Low mezzo/alto||To Calvary (Measures 43-52) p. 89-90|
|Maid||Soprano or 1st Alto||Gethsemane (Measures 162-172) p76-77|
|Damsel||Soprano||Gethsemane (Measures 167-172) p. 76-77|